Terms and Conditions
Thank you for partnering with RACKsteel, a Gilmour Pacific brand.
Gilmour Pacific Holdings Ltd (hereinafter called the Seller) shall not be bound by any conditions; warranties or representations, as herein contained, unless the same are in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer.
These terms and conditions shall apply to sales from Seller to Buyer and to any quotation by the Seller. These terms and conditions shall not be superseded by any terms and conditions in the Buyer’s purchase order.
Payment: Seller’s prices are F.O.B. point of shipment, freight to destination is extra, unless otherwise specified. Terms of Payment are by cash, credit card, or wire transfer. A down payment will be required unless otherwise specified for large scale or custom orders.
Pricing: All quotations are in Canadian funds unless otherwise specified and cover only supply of materials and equipment as outlined in our quotation.
Valid Pricing: Pricing is subject to change without notice.
Taxes & Freight: Buyer shall be responsible for applicable local taxes, Canadian or American, Government, State or Municipal as well as freight bill unless otherwise specified, in addition to any listed specifically as part of the quotation.
- Shipping dates are approximate and while the Seller will make every effort to make shipment(s) as specified, the Seller shall not be liable for delays in or failures of shipment(s) due to strikes or Labour disputes, supplier’s delays, accidents, fire, flood, acts of God, action by governmental authority, changes requested by the Buyer or causes beyond our control.
- If shipment is delayed on the request of the buyer, payment shall be made by the buyer as though the shipment had been made as specified. Any expenses incurred by the Seller due to the Buyer’s request in delaying the shipment and the material shall be at the Buyer’s risk and subject to reasonable storage charges.
- Deliveries quoted from stock are FOB Seller unless otherwise specified.
- Delivery date targets are based on timely Buyer approval of layout and elevation drawings. Dates may be affected by delays in this process.
- Unless otherwise specified, responsibility for receiving and unloading of materials and equipment at the site, including the supply of adequate forklift equipment, shall be the responsibility of the Buyer.
Engineering & Design: Any costs relative to the application and preparation of engineered drawings, documentation, and building permits is the responsibility of the buyer.
Permit applications cannot be ordered online. Floor capacities and sprinkler information must be to local codes and laws and will be the responsibility of the Buyer. Any costs incurred by the Seller in making alterations necessitated by the furnishing by the Buyer of incorrect dimensions, data, design or equipment will be charged to the Buyer. In the event of discrepancy between drawing and bill of materials, bill of materials will govern. Capacities are taken as the maximum recommended uniformly distributed static load as per factory tests and/or engineering review. Seismic calculations are not included and must be reviewed and ordered separately.
Warranty/Material Standards: All materials shall be furnished subject to the standard manufacturing and commercial variations and practice of the Seller. Seller warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship and according to published specifications and for ordinary applications for which designed. The Seller’s liability for work or material(s) deemed defective by the Seller shall be confined solely to the replacement or repair of the defective goods. Responsibility for repairs by the Buyer without written consent from the Seller will not be accepted and may render the warranty null and void.
- Installation prices are based on a clear, unimpeded work site, including materials receiving area, during regular working hours, with sufficient heat, power and lighting to complete the installation or additional charges will apply.
- The Buyer must advise the Seller within a minimum of 48 hours of start date of the installation that the site is not ready or “Standby” charges will be applied at the standard and/or overtime hourly rate per idle man.
- Seller’s contractors who enter the Buyer’s premises have Workers’ Compensation coverage and are covered by Public Liability and Property Damage Insurance
Special product(s) considered as non stock material by the Seller, and/or manufactured by the Seller to Buyer’s specifications or job requirements will become the sole property of the Buyer and will not be accepted for return. Cancellation Charges: Cancellation of a Special product(s) order is not possible once Buyer approved quotation and drawings have been signed off and materials and/or fabrication schedules have been committed.
Stock material cannot be returned.